Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Toblerone a generation of flavors


Growing up, I ate my share of Toblerones. Dad used to travel a lot and he would make sure to bring home treats from his trip. He would normally bring a bag of Hershey kisses. My brothers and I loved the little chocolate kisses, but to me, getting a Toblerone bar was extraordinary. Now, as an adult, my kids make sure to get me the biggest Toblerone they can find for my birthday and Christmas.  

   
This chocolate is very smooth. It has tiny pieces of chewy nougat, almonds and honey. The nougat reminds me of the Italian Torrone . By the way, my understanding is that the Toblerone’s name came from the company owner whose name was “Tobler” combined with “torrone”. I know, who cares! It is the taste of this chocolate that really made the name famous. As I mentioned, Toblerone was created by Theodor Tobler in Bern, Switzerland in 1908. The Toblerone company was bought a few years ago by Kraft, but it is still made in Bern, Switzerland. Their newest bar is the Toblerone Crunchy Salted Almond.  If you are a Toblerone lover, you have got to try this bar that features Swiss milk chocolate with salted caramelized almonds, honey and almond nougat. This new 
Toblerone is packaged in a blue box and it is available in many retail stores or you can order it online. 





2 comments:

SIENA.STYLE said...

I wanna try the blue version!!:)
kisses from milano
http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

little L. said...

mmmm TOBLERONE¡¡

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...