Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hot dogs, hamburgers and apple pie are All-American!




Angus smokehouse burger with BBQ pulled pork, fried onion rings and American cheese! You can get one of these at Liberty Inn America - World Showcase at Epcot Center Orlando, FL. or you can make it at home for a fraction of the price. I am telling you, it can’t get more American than this. To me, this burger ranks up there with apple pie! This is a juicy and full of flavor burger that delivers smiles and satisfies even the most famished person. Yes, it is a little messy to eat; but, we are talking BBQ! It's got to be messy, right?






















Oven-Roasted Pulled Pork

Ingredients:

You will need a "Boston Butt" or "Picnic Roast" (Both are a section of the Pork Shoulder or Shoulder Blade.)
BBQ Sauce

Directions:

Rub dry rub all over the pork and let it set for a minimum of one hour. The longer you leave the rub on the pork, the better the flavor. I like to leave it overnight, covered and stored in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Place the pork in a roasting pan and bake for about 6 hours.  The roast should be falling apart. Remove the pork roast from the oven; transfer to a large dish or cutting board. Allow the pork to rest for about 10-15 minutes. While still warm, using 2 forks to pull it apart until the entire roast is completely shredded. In a large bowl, coat the shredded pork with the BBQ sauce. Warm on low for about 30 minutes making sure it is stirred every 10 minutes to avoid burning the sides.  
To serve, spoon the pulled pork mixture onto a hamburger, and top with onion rings. Serve with pickle spears and coleslaw.



Golden Fries, Hamburgers, Hot dogs, Apple pie .... Can you name some of your favorites? 

3 comments:

Saranya said...

Very nice..
Saranya
http://nicesaranya.blogspot.com/
http://www.foodandtaste.blogspot.com/

Kirsten@My Kitchen in the Rockies said...

I would LOVE to eat this burger. Carlos, could you also serve it "non messy"? I can't stand sauce tripping down my chin, therefore I would eat this burger open faced with fork and knife.

The Twisted Tine said...

That is probably one of the tastiest looking burgers I have ever seen, and I've seen quite a few in my day. I had my top spots for getting some quality burgers, but nothing beats the couple of Kobe beef burgers I've had at a defunct restaurant in San Diego called Thee Bungalow, and then another one in Asheville called Lexington Avenue Brewery... although I don't think they serve Kobe anymore at the latter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...