Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

You can make this Spanish recipe in " Un momento"



Don't you love empanadas? What? You've never tried an empanada? Well, if you haven't tried them, what are you waiting for? They can be done in no time at all. Try filling with meat, cheese, black beans, etc. To make these empanadas I used leftover meat from taco night. I used wonton wrappers to create them. 

On a flat surface place a wonton wrapper. In the middle of it, add a small portion of your preferred filling. Apply a little egg wash (lightly beaten egg with two tablespoons of cold water) to the borders of the wonton and fold in the middle. You can use a biscuit cutter to give the empanadas their traditional half-moon shape. Simply deep fry them in hot oil and serve. Trust me, que rico!


















2 comments:

The Twisted Tine said...

I wonder how the whole "taco night" phenomenon started...

This is a genius idea. I never really gave many thoughts to empanadas, but this does sound quite appetizing. I've started to explore the Mexican side of foods a bit more, but know I have a long way to go before. I'm going to see if Steph is willing to make some of these up for us for dinner. :)

Happy Trails said...

I'm going to have to try this one, sounds delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...