Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Biscuits made with beer? You need to try this!



  
Easy, fast and delicious! Yep, this is a keeper! A friend of mine shared this recipe with me a few years ago. The original recipe calls for 7-up or any clear soda. I like the flavor of yeast bread, so I thought I should try making the biscuits using a light beer.   

Ingredients:

2 cups Bisquick  
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup light beer   
¼ cup butter, melted


Directions 
  • In a bowl, combine the Bisquick and sour cream. Add beer and with a fork slightly mix till the ingredients form a soft dough.  Dust some additional Bisquick on your working surface and shape dough into a 9 inch square.
  • Cut dough into 9 squares.  
  • Pour melted butter into a 9 inch square baking dish, reserving some to top your biscuits.
Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden. Brush tops of biscuits with remaining melted butter.
  
  

1 comment:

The Twisted Tine said...

I'm a firm believer that beer enhances just about everything.

I've been known to use it when I make chili or stew, and I always use it when cooking up some bratwurst.

Biscuits, though... I'm going to give that one a go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...