Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year from our family to yours!


 
Well, this is it! The end of the year is here and I don’t have a New Year’s resolution list yet… or do I? I don’t know about you, but I am aware of things I need to be working on to self-improve. Like any other New Year, I would like to be a better husband, better father and brother. Yes, a better person in general. Also, I would like to be in a better place financially and spiritually. I think making such a list will guide me and help me pin-point those cloaked but important steps that are requiring some attention.

 I believe we could all benefit by creating a resolution list. I have to say, living with my own untracked ignorance makes my life a lot easier, but is that rewarding? Oh Lord, this is getting heavy!  Let’s just say that we can all use a little incentive to start the New Year with a better disposition. So start thinking about 12 little things you would like to implement in your life this year. I am talking about things like walking a little every day, arranging a pantry or a closet that has been screaming for help, planning a special birthday or a special dinner for a loved one, etc.  Arrange your New Year’s list so you can have a chance to do one thing per month. Do not overwhelm yourself by adding more pressure to your life. If you want to lose a few pounds (the number one New Year’s resolution) don’t do a strict diet; change the way you eat. I am not an expert, but I think a change of lifestyle in the way we prepare and the amount of food consumed, will help a lot.

We are ending this year with an opportunity to experience a candle light service celebrating Christ and his gift to the world.  With award-winning actress Marlee Matlin as the narrator, this extraordinary musical presentation was both inspiring and reflective.  It was the perfect way to complete our year and help jumpstart 2012 in a more humble and appreciative manner.  We simply delight in our family and the many blessings that we have.  





Our family wants to wish you a happy New Year and we hope you keep checking our blog in 2012 for some new ideas and great food!

Happy New Year! 


  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...