Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Buona Sera






















What is going on in the kitchen? I am trying to take a nap! 



A nap? Daddy is cooking an Italian dinner.





















mmm!! My chance to learn the secret ingredients.... What, fresh pasta? Forget it, I ain't going there.
It is easy to make pasta with a Kitchen Aid.


Home made pasta cooks in no time and with a good tomato sauce mmm....






















  Sundried tomato rice cake for a crunchy bite.

Vanilla-Amaretto Gelato






















Amaretto infused syrup to bathe this decadent dessert.

4 comments:

My Kitchen in the Rockies said...

Oh, yes. Homemade pasta is the best.
Love the pictures of your cat and doggie!

Stephanie said...

what cute pets
never knew homemade pasta was so easy and tasty looking

Daniel said...

So, a few days ago, I wanted to try making some sorta of pasta-esque dish from scratch. I tried making gnocchi, which ended up going fairly well save for the fact that I grated a quarter inch chunk of skin off the tip of my thumb. Anyhow, after the girlfriend bandaged me up with some bandaids, I finished it off with a cheesy beschamel sauce that I made on the fly... it was fairly delicious.

And let me tell you, lacking a proper sieve, I used the bag end of a spoon and about a 3" round fine mesh strainer to prepare the potato portion of it... it was almost too much effort.

Now I see that you were able to use your KitchenAid to do some pasta-type creations. And it struck me that my girlfriend has a KitchenAid mixer, so I just now snuck into the kitchen to check it out... and sure enough, it has a port on the front to fit one of those pasta making attachments.

That's going on my "To Get" list...

Carlos said...

Yes, you must get the pasta attachment. It is so easy to make fresh pasta and you are in control of the ingredients you will put in.

Go for it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...