Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sweet Potato Bundt Cake.


It is time to recycle the leftovers!


The sweet potato casserole was amazing on Thanksgiving Day. Well it is time to kiss leftovers goodbye. Since I love cake and so does my Sunday school class, I decided to make a Sweet Potato bundt cake.

Ingredients

• 1 ½ cups sweet potato casserole
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 2/3 cup water
• 1 1/2 cups Splenda sugar blend
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
. 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a Bundt pan; set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together sweet potatoes, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour ½ of batter into the prepared pans. Mix 1 cup of brown sugar, ½ cup chopped pecans, ½ sick of butter (melted) and 2 tablespoon of cinnamon. Top the batter with this mixture and cover it with the rest of the cake batter. Bake for 45 minutes or until done.











May I please have a knife and a cup of coffee? BTW the aroma from this cake is unbelievable.

3 comments:

My Kitchen in the Rockies said...

Yummy, a great looking Bundt! I like to idea to use the leftovers for it.

lajolielavie said...

OMG! I love sweet potato! I can't wait to try out this recipe!! Thanks!
Love your blog, btw.
xo,
Lourdes
Please feel free to stop by my blog if you have a moment. Thanks!
http://lajolielavie.wordpress.com

BESOS LYNN said...

I want to leave work and go home and bake, really! I love sweet potato more than shoes, now that's love.
besos, lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...