Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cranberry mini Bundts


3/4 c. sugar
1 c. coarsely cut cranberries
¼ cup of rum
2 c. sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
 1 beaten egg
1/2 c. orange juice
½ cup vegetable  oil
1 tsp. grated orange peel

Combine cranberries, rum, sugar and grated orange peel. Set aside. Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.  In a large container, combine egg, juice, cranberry mixture and oil. Add dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into a greased mini bundt pan. Sprinkle tops with 1 tablespoon sugar.  Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 minutes. 




 Glass bowls of water, cranberries and floating candles light a holiday table.









6 comments:

lajolielavie said...

Looks delicious!! I am going to have to try this out...I have a ton o rum leftover from a party...lol...now I know what to do with it:) Nice photos!!
xx
Lourdes/WindyCityGirly

My Kitchen in the Rockies said...

Wonderful, another rum inspired Bundt. Like the combo with the cranberries. Thanks, Carlos.

Daniel said...

Carlos Sir, these sound amazing. Just got settled in at my new home, and I'm going to email this to my girlfriend for her to read sometime tomorrow... specifically because as I was digging through the refrigerator tonight, I found a bag full of cranberries. That, and she loves to bake. Thank you for the inspiration.

Carlos said...

Daniel, tell her that she can make muffins out of this recipe. You can bake a bunch and freeze them. They are a good to take to work to eat for breakfast with a cup of coffee!

Daniel said...

She made the muffin version of these last night... and they're wonderful. She ended up doing a sort of strudel topping on 'em, and they came out delicious. Thanks for sharin' this one with us. I had one of these guys with my lunch just now, ha...

Carlos said...

Oh! great, glad all these hours of blogging are not a total waste of time... LOL

Thanks for being a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...