Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cha Yen

Cha Yen is made out of black tea usually grown in the northern region of Thailand. It is very easy to prepare. Cha Yen literally translates as Tea Cool; but,  I enjoy it hot!

Ingredients

  • 4 cups water
  • 3/4 cup black tea
  • 1 1/2 cups Simple Syrup
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups Half & Half or milk.  

Directions

In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a rolling boil.  Add the tea and remove the pan from the stove. Stir gently and let it steep for 2-3 minutes. Strain the tea through a coffee filter into a glass pitcher. Add the syrup, Half & Half, stir and enjoy hot or serve over ice if you wish to drink it cold.
I use a tea set my sister-in-law brought me from Thailand in one of her visits to the USA. In my mind, this set  takes me to a remote place in Thailand  and for a moment it almost changes my personality.



 ลาก่อน สวัสดี 
la-kawn sawatdee" = farewell




3 comments:

Lauren M said...

nice fotos and tea kettle

Daniel said...

Awesome set that you've got there...

The Breakfast Lover said...

Que bonito juego de té!! me gusta mucho lo que hiciste con el pan de calabaza, es muy original, tomo nota.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...