Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Seasonal produce anyone?

In household, we love to entertain and have friends and family over for dinner or desserts.  One way to get inspired with what to serve for your next gathering is to take a walk through the local farmer's market for ideas from the fresh produce that is in season. In a recent trek to the Chattanooga Market, my attention was drawn to several displays of apples.  Varying shades from green to red and many colors in between, the selections included many delectable varieties. As I strolled down the aisles, my mind wandered to all the cooking combinations that apples could bring. Visions of apple strudels, homemade applesauce, baked apples and apple tart started tumbling through my mind. Right away, I could see my family gathered at the dinner table and enjoying the "mmm" of fresh apples in my latest dessert.


1 comment:

The Breakfast Lover said...

La verdad es que deberíamos consumir más el producto local, además de contaminar menos suele estar mucho más bueno! y los mercados son tan bonitos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...