Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

From Apples to Doughnuts





It is funny to hear from the news media that we are choosing to live a healthier lifestyle. Seriously? Bring a box of doughnuts to the office at 8:00 AM and a few minutes later they will be all gone. I mean, you would have to bring a crime scene kit to collect evidence that will prove someone brought doughnuts for breakfast. Today a co-worker brought in a few apples straight from a grower’s orchard. The apples were looked at with extreme disappointment, even though they were beautiful, crisp apples. Eventually they were all eaten (I hope). It would be terribly disappointing to find them posted by another coworker on Ebay.  
The trick to healthy living is making little changes... walking more steps, adding more fruits and vegetables to daily diet, having an additional glass of water...these are just a few ways you can begin living healthy without making radical changes. Lack of physical activity is one of the biggest problems in America. Just remember you do not have to run a 5k to be healthy. All you have to do is move and get active. The more you do, the healthier you'll be. 


3 comments:

Alejandro said...

Nice post, those apple look delicious.

My Kitchen in the Rockies said...

Hi Carlos, Thanks for visiting and joining my blog.
I like this article you wrote. I never understood why anybody would bring a box of doughnuts anywhere. You should have heard me at preschool talking to the teachers about healthy birthday snacks. I hated the mothers bringing in Krispy Creme or whatever junk food, that was given to my kids. They would have all been happy with some apples, cheese and grapes (but that would have included some prep work for some moms)!

Daniel said...

So weird that I read this today... my boss came walking around the office with napkins and a box of donuts, trying to pass them out to everyone. I turned them down... basically because I don't need to be eating them, but also because my boss drives me absolutely insane (she only does the donut thing for attention and to get us to like her), but... I've got to say, the "Doughnut Flavored Apples" thing is hilarious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...