Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Street Chef

When I think of New York City, my mind gets flooded with visions of street vendors selling food in just about every street corner. This is particularly true in the area around Times Square. If you are hungry, New York is a good place to be; especially if you are out and about during lunch time. There are not only hot-dog and pretzel stands, but many vendors can provide you with soft drinks, fresh fruits and any other kind of warm meals. For example, a walk by 46th and 6th, and the aroma on the street of fresh waffles will take you to the Wafels and Dinges cart, one of the many vendors taking over the food trend.  No tourist visit is complete without buying a hot dog at one of the hundreds of vendors that, along with the sky-scrapers and yellow cabs, depict a true picture of the “Big Apple”. 



1 comment:

Daniel said...

There was a time a few years back where I seriously considered pursuing the art of push-cart hot food service...

San Diego has, to the best of my recollection, 2 of these styles of hot dog carts. I've also heard a story about a guy who has one of those hand-crank churro carts that he operates illegally in one of the alleys a few blocks down from me, near all the bars on random weeknights.

I dig these things... wish it was more widely popular.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...