Thursday, September 23, 2010
Got to love a fresh tomato! Caprese Salad
This is a simple salad originated in the Italian region of Campania (south of Italy). It is a perfect dish to prepare during summer time when fresh home-grown tomatoes are available.
* 2 large red tomatoes, sliced
* Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
* 1 bunch fresh basil leaves (chopped)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
Arrange tomato slices, cheese slices and basil on platter. Mix oil and vinegar together and pour over tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.