Improving the nutritional profile of a pizza!
Whole wheat flour, turkey pepperoni, low-fat mozzarella cheese.
OK, after creating "the bomb", I have been thinking about cooking using whole wheat flour instead of refined white flour.
As I was adding the toppings to the pizza,
I was thinking "I hope this is not a mistake"
Inside the oven, on a pizza stone... It looks OK.
Dinner was great! The crust was just perfect.
Baking with whole wheat flour is going to be OK!
• 2 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
• 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
• 2 cups bread flour
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons white sugar
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine flours, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Cover and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 - 60 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape. Cover with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake in a preheated oven until golden brown, about 18 minutes.