This cookies are awesome. This are a must have around the holidays!
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and 1 cup sugar. Beat in the egg, and then stir in the molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Oh oh... busted!